Monday, July 20, 2009

What I've been up to (warning: many pictures ahead!)

1. I officially survived institute! I now feel (somewhat) more prepared to teach in Dallas after spending 4 weeks in the classroom. My kids made a 300% gain from their beginning of the year diagnostic test scores. (Then again, they didn't write much on those diagnostics...) So we threw them a "partay," complete with their snack of choice, HOT CHEETOS. I'm going to miss those 13 children. And I'm going to miss all the wonderful people I worked with that are unfortunately not here in Dallas with me right now. But hey, more places to visit!


My class is really hot.


My students, hard at work! Look at those achievers!


So much growth! I'm so proud!


Davis High School Panther Pride!


My awesome CMA group. We are most definitely rock stars.


2. I finished off my Houston experience in true Texan style - first with country line dancing at a bar called Wild West, and then Texas BBQ with my family!


You can't really tell from this picture, but the disco balls were in the shape of saddles. There were some amazing dancers there. Me? Well, I could do the cupid shuffle...


Friends from the Hawaii corp.







Rudy's BBQ


Meat by the pound!


Because BBQ is messy.


They designed it with a gas station theme.


You get the food in milk crates and eat off butcher paper.


Mmmm, meat.


We also went to this place called the Chocolate Bar (aka Emily's personal heaven), where everything is made of chocolate.




YUM! Massive chocolate cake.

3. I moved into my new apartment in Dallas and started training with the school district! Even though I have no furniture, sleeping on an air mattress is definitely much better than sleeping on a bouch in Moody Towers. I cannot complain. Pictures to come shortly!

Hope everyone is doing well, I'm missing my non-Texans here! Come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment