Saturday, June 27, 2009

They continue to make me laugh

So on Friday I collected the journals I’ve been having them do their warm ups in. I continue to be surprised by them. I love reading that they want to go to college, and have careers in mind. These were some especially noteworthy entries.

About their futures:
“In the future I see myself in a suit with my own office because I want to be a lawyer someday in the future. If my lawyer carrer does not work then I might go into the medical field.”

“I don’t know exactly what I want to be yet but I have some ideas like working as a financer, a chef, a manager of some sort, and finally hopefully a UFC fighter.”

How do you feel today?
“I feel very tired and sore, Because yesterday I wrestled my cousins all day, just for fun.”

“I feel good cuz my cuzin comin in to town and there is a party goin down tonight.”

“I feel tired and I’m sweating. I woke up at 6:45 and I’m still sleepy. Then I was coming to school and the bell rang and I had to walk faster and now I’m tired.”

What is your favorite expression? (I meant phrase)
“I think my favorite expression is when I get really angry. Because I look like I’m going to do something crazy.”

Metaphors/similes about their futures:
“My future is going to be a burst of light because everything seems to flash by in an instant.”

“My future looks good on a pile of money.”

“My future is looking as bright as the North Star.”

“In the future I will have so much money I’ll be wipeing my butt with it.”

1 comment: