Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Memoir projects

The memoir projects continued to trickle in throughout the day. How many students turned it in on time (and complete) on Friday? Three. Three out of 150.




J. dropped by during the first class of the day to turn in his poster. It was on a beat-up piece of blue posterboard.



“Here you go Ms. Chen. Uh, by the way, ignore the back. I didn’t have no posterboard, so I had to use one that was on the door. Ignore what it says.”











The quality of the projects were varied. There were beautifully done posters and scrapbooks:



And then there were these:

(Yes, that is someone's completed project)


I think the one thing that I love about teaching English is that I have a lot of opportunities to discover things about my students. Although I got a headache reading about all my girls' true loves and heartbreak and how their boyfriends turned out to be players, I also read about their dreams and aspirations, the loss of many a family member, and reasons for acting the way they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment